With the text element open for editing you click the Edit List button from the Paragraph section of the Home tab or you can right-click a bulleted or numbered list to format the list differently or set the start number.
A numbered list can be styled in any of the following types:
- Lower Roman (i, ii, iii, iv, v, etc.)
- Upper Roman (I, II, III, IV, V, etc.)
- Lower Alpha (a, b, c, d, e, etc.)
- Upper Alpha, A, B, C, D, E, etc.)
- Decimal (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc.)
You can also select the number to start the list at.
A bulleted list can be styled in any of the following types: