There are a variety of tools available for video editing, encoding, and conversion. Prices range from free to hundreds of dollars.
Following are a few places to start:
- For free and easy video conversion where you don’t have to figure out the settings, just identify the device, try Free Studio.
- Another free video converter that can be tweaked for different settings is Oxelon.
- Free and open-source way to convert almost any type of video to MP4 and other formats for mobile devices: MiroVideoConverter.
- Zencoder is a powerful cloud-based encoding platform featuring fast encoding, industry leading reliability, and unmatched input file compatibility. A range of pricing options.
- For a simple, efficient tool to convert (encode) or play any multimedia file, see SUPER©.
- For an open-source, GPL-licensed, multi-platform,, multi-threaded video transcoder, see Handbrake.
- For a complete, professional, high quality desktop video encoding tool for any device, see Sorenson Media.
- If you already have Adobe Flash or Adobe Premiere, install Adobe Media Encoder.
- If you have a Mac, try the installed version of iMovie.
- Some newer PCs come installed with Microsoft Movie Maker as well.