You can replace media in the Media Library and update all occurrences of the media in your courses. The replaced media retains any actions, linked targets, and image maps you added to the original.
This is very useful for images such as logos or branding that may be located in many places in Claro.
To replace media in the Media Library and used in courses:
- Using the Media Library, search for and select the media file you want to replace.
- In the Right Panel that opens in the Media Library, select Edit. You may want to click the Usage tab too to see where the media is used.
- Click the Replace button.
- Browse for your replacement. Select it and click Open.
- NOTE: Make sure your replacement image is the same size or you will receive a warning message, “The replacement’s size is different from the original. This may cause unwanted scaling in courses where this asset is used. Expected: # of pixels X # of pixels. Received: # of pixels X # of pixels.” If you want to replace the original with an image of a different size, make sure you note down the Replacement image’s size and re-size the image in all replaced locations.
- Click Replace.
NOTE: The replaced media retains any actions, linked targets, and image maps you added to the original.
If you replace an image with another of a different size and the original had an image map added to it, the image map hotspots will likely be out of position.
You can also change a media asset right from a page to change that single occurrence of media. For more information, see Change an asset.