Once you have completed your course in Claro, you will want to move it to your LMS and make it available to students.
The Sharable Content Object Reference Model (SCORM) is a set of specifications for web-based eLearning. Courses are built to these specifications can be imported into a variety of Learning Management Systems (LMSs) for delivery to students.
When exporting a LMS (Standards) course, all of the course elements and associated files are wrapped in a package (a ZIP file) and downloaded to your local computer. This zip file is then uploaded to the LMS.
To publish an LMS (Standards) package from your course:
- Click the Publish button in the QuickLinks toolbar.
- The Title and Comment/Description field as well as the publish date are pre-populated for you. The Title and Description are stored in the package metadata and can be used by the LMS.
- Click LMS (Standards).
- Choose a Standard from the drop-down list (e.g. AICC, Tin Can API version, or a SCORM edition).
- If applicable, select a PENS Target.
- If applicable, select an LRS Target (only available if using Tin Can API standard).
- Select a Publishing Profile or click the ... button to create a new publishing profile or edit an existing one. Once you associate a Publishing Profile with a course, Claro remembers it the next time you publish the course. The profile lets you set the Test, Navigation, and Behavior Options for the course package. See Publishing Profile Options for more information.
- Click the Publish button. The course is quickly packaged.
- After the packaging is complete, click the Download Package link and save the zipped file to your hard drive.
NOTE: You can also choose Publish from the Application Menu. Select an option from the list.