There are a couple of ways to begin the import of a Microsoft® PowerPoint® file into Claro. The import process is the same.
Only PPT files can be imported into Claro currently. See Convert a file from PPTX to PPT for more information.
For more information about what is imported into Claro and how it functions, see PowerPoint import overview. For tips on setting up your PowerPoint file for optimal import, see PowerPoint import tips.
To start a PowerPoint file import into Claro:
- Click the From PowerPoint link in the Create Something New area of the SplashBoard, OR
- Click the Application Menu, click New, and click the From PowerPoint link.
To complete the PowerPoint file import process:
- Click the Browse… button and locate your new file. Check Overwrite existing file to replace a PowerPoint file you have already uploaded.
- Click the Open button.
- Choose a Player Layout, Dimensions, Import Slide Backgrounds, and theme design. See the article PowerPoint Master Slide and Page Backgrounds for information about Slide Backgrounds.
- Click the Upload>> button.
- Select the Automatic radio button for recommended default import settings. See the article To Use Custom Import Settings for PowerPoint file imports for other options.
- Click the Import button.
- The extraction and import process will proceed and the slides will appear in the course structure.
To see a video tutorial of this process, play Claro PowerPoint file import QuickView: